Thursday 22 February 2018

'STOPPING TIME' - a progress update on my second book...


THE WAIT IS NEARLY OVER... BUT THE STORY ISN'T!

January, which used to be a nightmare month when I was an accountant wrestling with clients’ tax returns, proved inspirational this year. I drew down the blind in my study to shut out the gloomy weather, set to work and wrote. Thousands of words later the month end came and went, and on 8th February I wrote those extraordinary final words: ‘The End’. Off went the story to my wonderful beta reader in Australia and one here in the UK who always takes a little longer.
The week which followed was tricky. As an author I always wonder what my readers will feel as they read my words; I live in hope of their enjoyment, but I never expect it. I’ve poured my heart into this one, determined to up my game and make it something special, but you never know. Well the good news is that my Australian reader has given it the thumbs up – and more! I have a few amendments and a little polishing to do, as well as a cover to finalize, but as soon as it’s ready to release I’ll let you know.

In the meantime, if you haven't read the first volume 'Losing Time' - what are you waiting for? Head over to my website to read a preview and purchase a copy. www.prfordauthor.com

Now I need to get on - there's quite a bit of work still to do! I leave you with a photo from my garden this week. It appears I'm not the only one for whom inspiration has blossomed...





4 comments:

  1. Well done Prue! You've obviously been very busy this year so far and it sounds like you've still got a bit to do. I know you'll stick at it and look forward to reading the result. Go Go Purple Power Ranger...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hugo - the support of my readers (like you) definitely keeps me going!

      Delete
  2. Now I really can't wait! I am very excited to read this, perhaps I should read the first one again to remind myself of the plot? Or just to help me stand the suspense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie your enthusiasm is so inspiring! Thank you, and of course do read the first one again if you want to, although I think you will find the new one quite easy to get into. It shouldn't be too long a wait. I'm aiming for March... :)

      Delete